Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 hours check

Content:

1) I am doing my mentorship at Casa Colina Rehabitation in the Children Services Center (CSC) and will be starting mentorship with my family friend with a clinic called Yes I Can! Occupational Therapy Inc. tomorrow(1/10).

2) At the CSC my contact would be Kristen, who is in charge of the Kid's Crew Program and is an OT. The number of the CSC is (909) 596-7733 Ext. 4200 where the receptionist, Teri, will answer. You would just have to ask for Kristen. Another person you can talk to there is Sarah Yun, who is also an OT, or just email her at syun@casacolina.org. She is the one that made my schedule at the CSC to allow me to observe other OTs. My contact at Yes I Can! Occupational Therapy Inc. is Mary Ellen Florendo-Tan OTR/L (626) 667-7967.

3) I have done a total of 20 hours and 50 minutes, counting the 10 summer hours.

4) 8 hours of the 10 hours I did [not counting the summer hours] was office work and patient room checking. During this time I was working in the Patient Safety department where I helped nurses and made binders of the patients in the hospital. the last 2 hours and 50 minutes I did was in the Children Services Center where I prepared the classroom for the Kid's Crew Program. I observed the kids learn social skills and afterward was able to observe OTs work individually with kids.

5) Updated the contact info 

No comments:

Post a Comment