Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blog 8: Research and Working EQ

Content

1) What is the best way an OT can evaluate a patient in transitional care post-brain injury? 
I'm most likely going to change my EQ because I'm going to be working with OTs for children. I want to change the question to What is the best way to improve a child with disabilities cognitive and fine motor skills?

2) EQ: What is the best way an OT can evaluate a patient in transitional care post-brain injury?

  • Educated Observations & Assessments; the evaluations are different for OTs and for the patients depending on their conditions. Educated observations would consist of the knowledge of the brain because the brain does not function properly post-brain injury, affecting cognitive and motor skills. Observations would note a patients progress. After that an assessment could be given to test their progress of certain actions such as evaluating home management skills.
3) The most important source I've used that helps me answer this EQ was my interview with Keri Garcia. 

4) My mentor is Sarah Meredith at Casa Colina, I shadowed with her in the Transitional Living Center and this related to my working EQ by allowing me to observe patients in transitional care post brain injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment