Saturday, October 26, 2013

Almost there!

Souvenirs from the Patient Safety orientation c:

On Thursday, October 24 I went to Casa Colina for the Patient Safety Orientation. Volunteers in patient safety make rounds to specific patient rooms to resolve patient safety issues. An example of this would be if a patient is fall risk and is trying to reach something that is out-of-reach. We don't want the patient to get up because there is a very likely chance that they will fall, so as a volunteer I would do things of the sort.
I am still trying to become cleared, and to do this I need to get my second TB done, which will be done Monday. After that I plan on coming in Wednesday and start volunteering. I'm looking forward to helping out and interacting with the patients at Casa Colina.




No comments:

Post a Comment