Sunday, August 18, 2013

Summer Mentorship Content

Literal


2) Sarah Meredith OTR/L (909).596.7733 Ext. 4142

3) Questions raised during summer mentorship
  • What is the difference between the different occupational therapy centers? 
  • How are the exercises chosen for each of the patients?
  • When are patients considered stable enough to return back to society independently?
Interpretive

4) The most important thing I learned through this experience was that there's so much to Occupational therapy. An example is when my mentor was with a patient, who had trouble working their hand, she gave them a gadget that stimulated the muscles in their arm, wrist, and hand. This showed me that in some way OT and PT (physical therapy) can crossover when working in OT.

Applied

5) My experience helped me choose a topic by showing me the different duties of and occupational therapist. I enjoyed seeing that the field can be different every day and that physical therapy can overlap into OT because I am interested in that field as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment