Friday, April 25, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

Content

  • Literal
a) I, Ashley Dalan, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

b) Alison: A World of Free Learning is an online course where I did a child development course.

c) Link is to the right.

d) I went through the modules of the different lessons about different child development theories and 
the significance of play and took notes on the sections. 

  • Interpretive

Above are screenshots of the course lessons I did and with some of the notes I took for the course. Some of the material mentioned in the course, like the 4 child development theories required more time to understand. For example, the constructivism and social constructivism theories were more difficult to comprehend because they were very similar but had one detail that made the theories different. 
  • Applied
The component helped to give me extra evidence for my first and third answer. One of the modules gave more in-depth explanations about what is play and why we have it and what play does. For my third answer, i had to read about how children learn well through models. The lesson referenced to the Bobo doll psychology experiment, saying how children will reenact what they see.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment